Saturday, March 7, 2009

Why Is Losing Weight So Hard?

A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips. How very true. It is amazing how our bodies adapt to holding on to weight. I am in the beginning stages of a change in my lifestyle. I have been on Weight Watchers for 8 weeks now and only have 10 pounds lost to show for it. My very dear friend Cathleen has lost 57 pounds, she has been doing WW for about 10 months to a year. She looks amazingly fabulous. It is so hard to be patient and trust the plan to work even when there isn't movement on the scale.
There are a million reasons for losing weight. Health and appearance, to stop the constant, well meaning voices of those who feel the way to show they care is to focus on my weight. "You are such a pretty girl, if only you would lose some weight." I have had to come to terms with the fact who I am is much more than people see, I need to stop hiding behind the weight and stop punishing myself for others' misguided but well meaning attempts to get me to lose weight.
This should be an interesting, wild ride.
Look for updates along the way

No comments:

Post a Comment